We provide inspection, testing and maintenance of all types of fire alarm systems.
Fire alarm systems are an effective means of alerting building occupants to a fire. Fire alarm systems must be inspected and tested annually to make sure the equipment operates as intended.
Services we provide:
- Installation of new fire alarm systems and retrofits.
- Fire alarm panel replacements and system upgrades.
- Elevator / door holder / fan shutdown / fire pump / relay wiring / fire panel tie ins.
- Replace old or faulty components as required.
- Perform annual test and inspection of fire alarm system, as per CAN/ULC-S536.
- Provide a detailed inspection report noting deficiencies and recommendations.
- Tag system and provide certification if applicable.
A typical fire alarm inspection consists of the following:
Revolution Fire Protection will inspect, test and confirm operation of the complete fire alarm system.
- Test all field initiating devices including manual pull stations, heat detectors, smoke detectors, duct detectors, infrared detectors etc.
- Test all field notification devices including bells, speakers, horns and strobes.
- Test all field emergency communications equipment including PA and fire phones.
- Test all sprinkler devices including tamper switches, low pressure switches, pressure type water flow switches and vane type water flow switches.
- Test the main control panel for full functionality, including battery load testing.
- Test all ancillary and auxiliary devices (ie fan shutdown, elevator recall, door holders etc).
- Test connections to monitoring station to ensure signals are received.
- Perform a complete visual inspection of the system from ground level.
- Complete an inspection report detailing all equipment, devices types and locations, and the result of the inspection and testing.